Think Healthy (And Delicious) Catering For The Holidays
For many people, the mere thought of food for the holidays elicits images of indulgent sweets, multi-course meals and overeating. And that doesn’t just include family dinners or holiday parties; over-indulging for the holidays happens in corporate offices all across America, including right here in Philadelphia.
But that doesn’t have to be the norm. In fact, many offices are choosing to opt into healthier holiday food options for their employees, with healthy catering playing a big role.
Eliminating Unhealthy Holiday Challenges
The holidays can be such a stressful time and healthful eating usually becomes an afterthought. In fact, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has dedicated a page on their website that aims to help companies create a healthier workplace during the holidays. The CDC has identified the following challenges when it comes to staying healthy for the holidays:
- Too much temptation. With sweets and candies popping up in the break room, it can be hard for even the most conscientious eaters to say “no” all the time. Although employers might think they’re treating their employees by providing them with holiday sweets, all the sugar can actually have a negative effect on productivity.
- Feeling overwhelmed. Between holiday parties both inside and outside of the office, gift swaps, and family responsibilities, the demands on an employee’s time and wallet can become overwhelming. The added stress can lead to making unhealthy eating choices, especially if there are extra sweets lying around the office.
- No time for physical activity. A complete corporate wellness program encourages both healthy eating and fitness. With the time constraints on employees around the holidays, it can be challenging for employees to make it to the gym.
Regardless of these challenges, your company can invest in healthy catering for the office this holiday season to change the way your employees think about holiday eating habits.
Healthy, Gourmet Catering For Your Office
Gourmet catering in the office might sound unhealthy, but it can actually be quite the opposite. At Grateful Plate we provide corporate catering to Philadelphia offices that is fresh, healthy, nutritious and delicious. We prepare meals that seem decadent but are actually good for you.
All of our healthy catering menus include foods that are locally sourced from socially responsible local farmers and vendors, and our gourmet catering can be customized for specific dietary needs. With vegetarian options like Mediterranean Salad with Za’atar Croutons and Tofu Banh Mi Wraps, or dairy-free options like Honey Dijon Chicken Wraps and Salmon Nicoise, we prove that it’s possible to have healthy corporate catering in Philadelphia that is also sophisticated and delicious.
Plus, for a limited time, we have our special Holiday Catering Menu available!
Will you give your employees the gift of good food this holiday season?
*To qualify for our free catering sampling program, you must...
- Have an office within 15 miles of Center City Philadelphia
- Be an office food decision maker
*Grateful Plate will
- Deliver food for you and up to two colleagues
- Deliver within 30 days from the first point of contact
- Deliver on Wednesdays or Thursdays between 11 am and 1 pm